Dust Bunnies & Such: evolution of an idea

This was a quick project I did for a friend. A little show of how I work.

I was told to design a dust bunny cartoon for a cleaning company. This is the first wave of ideas I had. (Inked illustrations)

After showing the first page and some discussion and getting a clearer idea of what they wanted I tweaked the ideas and expanded on the specific things they asked for (i.e. fake ears, no movement, etc.).

Once the desired dust bunny was chosen I set to color it.

Once initial digital coloring was finished I added a gradient for depth. In this case I actually prefer the flatter image to the gradient one, but I let the client choose.

There it is. Evolution of a logo character.