Hello. My name is Jon Burrello and I’m a cartoonist, comedian, writer, cinephile, actor, teacher, traveler, and occasional cellist. Awhile back I started writing the Secret Keys comic with my old roommate, Jon Stephens. To share it with the world we invented The Big Insane Happy. Here ye will find an assortment of strange, silly, original material. Professionally my illustrative work has appeared in magazines, educational texts, children’s literature, playbills, promotional billboards and posters, t-shirts, and some art gallery showcases. Looking to hire an artist? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secret Keys is a single-panel random strip illustrated by Burrello and occasionally co-written with Stephens.
- Fat Star Wars features the most beloved Star Wars characters only fat. Why? Because it is adorable and funny.
- Soggy is a comic strip featuring squishy animals and starring the eponymous bear and his friends (a koala and rat). Sometimes political, sometimes just silly.
- Blinky & Sal is a comic featuring a soul-searching bat, and two other creature things with differing political views.
- Joncast is a non-sequitur podcast featuring Jon Burrello and Jon Stephens.
- Flash Fiction features some humorous short stories usually 500 words or less.
- Stewed is a short comedy film about cannibals written and directed by Burrello. (approx. 15 minutes)
- Russell Parks is a man of science who produced his own educational videos for some obscure public access channel with the help of remarkably generous federal grants. We were lucky enough to obtain the rights to all of his short educational films.
- Travel, Cartoons, Sketchbook, Film, and Poetry consist of some of my travel writings, notebook sketches and doodles, docs and comedy videos, and surreal attempts at poetry.
- Check out some the work I did for hire in the Commissions section.
Screwy cartoons not giving you all you need? Check out BURRELLOSUBMARINE’S MOVIE BLOG for a deluge of reviews of cinema esoterica obscura. And visit THE ALTERNATIVE CHRONICLE for even more voices on eclectic culture and misunderstood media. Also check out “Woolly the Big Cow“ (my children’s book, but you can read it too). And don’t forget: you can get your very own “Secret Keys” tees and other fun merchandise HERE and HERE.